Lars Friedrich Nolting
Alumni (Chief Engineer)
- by appointment
Lars Nolting studied Business Administration and Engineering: Mechanical Engineering at RWTH Aachen University and during a semester abroad at University of California, Davis focusing on energy technologies and operations research. In 2015 he earned a bachelor’s degree (B.Sc. RWTH) and in 2017 a master’s degree (M.Sc. RWTH). During his studies, he worked as a student assistant and tutor at the Institute for Decision Theory and Financial Services (EFI), the Department of Finance (bfw) and the Institute of Power Systems and Power Economics (IAEW). He conducted his master’s thesis in cooperation with Fraunhofer-Institute for Building Physics (IBP) at Energy Campus Nürnberg (EnCN) in the field of heat pump efficiency analysis. Since April 2017, Lars Nolting worked first as research associate and doctoral student for the Assistant Professorship for Energy Resource and Innovation Economics at FCN and since the beginning of 2021 as senior engineer at the Chair for Energy System Economics. There, he finished his PhD thesis entitled "The Security of Electricity Supply in Context of Liberalization and Energy Transition" in October 2021.
Prizes and Awards
- First prize of the Körber Foundation Award 2022 in the field of social sciences.
- 2022: Erster Preis des Studienpreises 2022 der Körberstiftung im Bereich Sozialwissenschaften
- 2022: Best Student Paper Award der 43rd IAEE International Conference in Tokio, Japan.
- 2022: Manfred Hirschvogel Award for an outstanding dissertation
- 2021: EEX Group Excellence Award
- 2021: GEE Award of the Energy Forum Berlin in the category "Best Dissertation"
- 2020: Best Reviewer Award of the Journal Energy Research & Social Science.
- 2019: Travel scholarship of the DAAD for the 16th Association for Energy Economics (IAEE) European Conference in Ljubljana, Slowenien.
- 2019: Best Reviewer Award of the Journal Energy Research & Social Science.
- 2019: Best Paper Award of the 3rd International Conference on Energy, Ecology and Environment (ICEEE) in Stavanger, Norwegen (as co-author).
- 2019: Best Scientific Presentation Award of the 13th International Conference on Energy Economics and Technology (ENERDAY) in Dresden, Germany.
- 2018: Best Application Paper Award of the 48th Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering (CIE48) in Auckland, New Zealand.
- 2017: Energy Prize of the Energiecampus Nürnberg (EnCN) for the master's thesis.
- 2017: Springorum Commemorative Coin of the Faculty of Mechanical Engerineering of RWTH Aachen.